Installation error

english

Hi,
I am receiving an error when trying to connect to the database. I can ping from my Windows client to the IP address of the cloud server on which I installed Metasfresh.
See attached screenshot of the error.

Does anybody has an idea on how to solve this?

Thank you.

Hi @from

Using the Java application, a hostname is required instead of an IP address (basically, there are not . allowed in the fields where you define the application- and database-hostname).
This can be solved by eg. adding the hostname of your server (the actual hostname that is being displayed, when you enter hostname on your server) to your hosts file on Windows or by using an internal DNS-Server.

Also be sure you can access these ports from your client to your server:
5432/TCP - for the database connection
8282/TCP - for the application
61616/TCP - for the application as well

Also as heads up, I would not recommend using the Java client if your server is located in a remote datacenter.
The connection using JDBC is not optimized for latencies which are not LAN. You CAN use it - but you might get timeouts or random disconnects or at least a veeery slow response time from the application, which does not reflect the performance of metasfresh at all.

Hello Julian,

Thank you for your reply!
I have checked the ports and hostname and they are all correct (See attached)

I can connect to the application server but using the test database button is not working.
I however can connect to the metasfresh database and see all the tables using Valentina studio.

I hope you can still provide a solution so I can start testing metasfresh.

Thank you