Can not build webui-master coz of compile errors

Hi @all,

i try to build master branch and latest release 4.55.54a of metasfresh-webui but it fails with compile errors of missing classes.
For example in the webui-api:
symbol: class RecordsToOpen

or in the webui-vaadin:
Action cannot be resolved to a type
WindowNavigationView.java /metasfresh-webui-vaadin/src/main/java/de/metas/ui/web/vaadin/window line 182 Java Problem
Here Classes from the de.metas.ui.web.window.shared are imported, but i can not find this package in the base sources, where is it?

Furthermore it seems that the root pom is missing the module definition for the webui-vaadin project.

Please help.

Kind regards
David

hi David,

did you succeed to build the app server which is also needed ?
If not you might want to take a look at: http://docs.metasfresh.org/developers_collection/en/getting_started_mvn_cmdline_en.html

As I can not help you with the webUI build problem itself, I am sure one of the community members will do later.

kind regards,
Norbert

Hi Norbert,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, i was able to mvn install the core part, first with eclipse and on cmd line also with the --non-recursive option. Running server and swing client works.

From my point of view it looks like there are class files, or even packages missing, for example the de.metas.ui.web.window.shared

Kind regards
David

Hi @daveyx,
first, it’s important to know that from the maven modules within metasfresh-webui repo, only metasfresh-webui-api is functional and under development.
The other two were earlier attempts at making also the frontent, but as of now, the metasfresh-webui repo only contains the API server. The actual webui is written in javascript and is available in metasfresh-webui-frontend.

OK, but you also hint us at a problem with the webui-api…and you are correct, the release-latest branch doesn’t work :flushed:. Sorry, I wasn’t aware. The build from that week (which we released) was fine, so my best guess is that I made a mistake when I tagged the different repos.

However, since we yesterday made another weekly release, I’m going to rather update the release-latest branch (and verify that it builds) than to try and fix the old one.

@daveyx @metasnw I’m sorry for your wasted time.
I’m going to update the latest-branch monday morning or earlier.

@daveyx meanwhile, if you want you can switch your repos to either master or release-2017-07 (just checked, they both build :wink: )

Best Regards
Tobias

Update: I updated the release-latest branches with the v4.56.55 tags from this week’s release.
…and i checked: it builds, at least on our jenkins :slight_smile:

Hi @metas-ts,

thanks for your answer, thats why i didn’t find a vaadinjar in the docker container :slight_smile:

it’s working now and i changed to cloned master too.

Kind regards
David

Hi @daveyx,

The metascresh-webui-vaadin is deprecated/not maintained.
It was part of our early experiments.

There is a pending task which is about to remove that: https://github.com/metasfresh/metasfresh-webui/issues/179

Until then, pls ignore it and build only the metasfresh-webui-api.

Hi @teosarca,

thanks for info.

Is there any release plan when the web-ui will be rolled out for a stable version ready for use in production?

Kind regards
daveyx

hi Daveyx,

we did the major release 5.0 on Friday which we consider for the WebUI almost ready for production as there is an existing glitch with managing partner addresses but rock solid if you use the Java Client.

Read here about the release::

cheers,
Norbert

Hi Norbert,

thanks for info. I really like the owl.

btw. in the footer of metasfresh.com is still 2016

Kind regards
David

There is a pending task which is about to remove that: https://github.com/metasfresh/metasfresh-webui/issues/1791

FYI we just integrated this task @teosarca mentioned into master.

hi Daveyx,

thx for the hint!
We will update metasfresh.com website.

cheers,
Norbert